Livestreaming Thursday January 25, Global Privacy Day brings up-to-the minute insight and guidance on the current and future challenges in data protection and privacy.
Delivered through ten exclusive content sessions, it’s an unmissable opportunity for data practitioners to network, exchange ideas and understand what organisations must do to optimise privacy and mitigate risk in the data-driven era.
A rapidly evolving landscape
Data privacy is a complex and ever-evolving issue, with new challenges emerging all the time, from the convergence of data sources and the use of data for social scoring, to new data collection methods and the lack of resources for data protection.
We get to the heart of the key issues at Global Privacy Day. Lawyers, compliance officers, IT security experts and business leaders can get a clearer understanding of the effects that data privacy will have on all stakeholders including, customers, employees, and third-party relationships.
Global Privacy Day in the morning…
Exploring Artificial Intelligence in the B2B Realm
11:00 – 11:30am GMT
In the dynamic domain of B2B interactions, the integration of AI has become increasingly pivotal. This session delves into the strategic management of AI within collaborative business environments.
The discussion will cover key considerations, hurdles, and practical approaches to harnessing the potential of AI while maintaining effective collaboration in the B2B sector.
- Tainá Baylão, Senior Specialist Data Protection, Infineon Technologies (Panel Host)
- Ivana Butorac, Data Protection Manager - Team lead EU Regulatory&Compliance, Sopra Steria
- Cristiana Deca, Chief Executive Officer, Decalex Digital
Constructing an Effective Privacy Initiative for Measurable Outcomes
11:30 - 12:00 pm GMT
From establishing foundational frameworks to implementing practical strategies, attendees will gain valuable insights into building a privacy initiative that goes beyond compliance, focusing on achieving measurable and impactful outcomes.
Our panellists will delve in to a comprehensive discussion on the key components, successful case studies and actionable steps to create a privacy program that not only safeguards sensitive information but also contributes to organisational success.
- Kirsten Van der Zwan, Group Data Privacy Senior Legal Counsel, Shell (Panel Host)
- Matthew Goodbun, Senior Privacy Consultant - Data Governance, BSI
- Victoria van Roosmalen, DPO & CISO, Coosto
Global Privacy Day in the afternoon…
Safeguarding AI Data
13:30 – 14:00 GMT
This engaging discussion aims to demystify common misconceptions surrounding AI data protection while shedding light on factual insights. Participants will navigate through the intricacies of safeguarding AI-generated data, gaining a comprehensive understanding of essential practices.
Whether you’re an AI enthusiast, a data protection professional or simply curious about the intersection of AI and privacy, this session promises to unravel the complexities and provide practical insights for effective AI data protection.
- Kristen Pennington, Partner, Privacy Law, McMillan LLP and Member of the PrivacyRules International Alliance (Panel Host)
- Ellie Dowsett, Data Protection Officer, Best Companies
- Niovi Vlachopoulou, Data Protection Consultant, Sopra Steria
Data Transfers: Bridging the Gap from Policy to Implementation
15:00 - 15:30 pm GMT
Delve into real-world examples, best practices and strategies for seamless data transfers. This session offers valuable insights to ensure that your data transfer practices align seamlessly with established policies.
- Agne Sanders, Privacy Program Manager, Meta
- Kristen Pennington, Partner, Privacy Law at McMillan LLP and Member of the PrivacyRules International Alliance
- Marco Barone, Senior Privacy Counsel, OneTrust
Securing Board Support: Effectively Articulating Privacy Strategies to Board Members
15:45 - 16:15 pm GMT
This session addresses the pivotal task of communicating privacy matters to board members, emphasising the need for alignment between privacy strategies and board-level understanding.
Dive into practical insights, successful communication strategies and case studies that illuminate effective ways to convey the importance of privacy initiatives. Join us for a session that bridges the communication gap and empowers you to navigate privacy discussions at the board level.
- Henry Davies, Data Protection Lead, Likewize (Panel Host)
- Emma Martins, Chief Commissioner, Data & Marketing Commission (DMC)
These are just a few of the exclusive sessions taking place at Global Privacy Day.